Senior Backend Engineer job opportunity for a professional holding at least 5-10 years of demonstrable experience in web development using Python along with web frameworks like Django/Flask. Experience with REST APIs and relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB is a must.
Your Future Employer:
A leading analytics company spread across 14 global locations including the United States, UK, and India.
- Managing, developing & maintaining the backend for various Data to Decision projects for Fortune 500 clients
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs
- Developing functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end
- Working closely with the data science & engineering team to integrate the algorithmic output from the backend REST APIs
- Participating in UAT, and diagnose & troubleshoot, bugs and application integration issues
- Creating and maintaining documentation related to the developed processes and applications
- B.E/B.Tech, BCA, MCA equivalent
- 2-5 years of demonstrable experience designing, building, and working as a Backend Engineer for enterprise web applications
- Expert-level proficiency with Python (3.4+) and Django (2.1+) or Flask
- Familiarity with common databases (RDBMS such as MySQL & NoSQL such as MongoDB) and data warehousing concepts (OLAP, OLTP)
- Performance optimization and multithreading concepts
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as GitHub
Good to have:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (particularly Azure Web App, Storage and VM), or familiarity with AWS (EC2 containers) or GCP Services.
- Experience with Microservices, Messaging Brokers (e.g., RabbitMQ)
- Experience with fine-tuning reverse proxy engines such as Nginx, Apache HTTPD
If you think this role is aligned with your career, kindly write me an email along with your updated CV on email@example.com for a confidential discussion on the role.