Big Data Engineer job opportunity for a professional holding at least 3-8 years of experience in evaluating, developing, maintaining and testing big data solutions for advanced analytics projects along with big data pre-processing & reporting workflows including collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into business insights.
#python, #JAVA, #Bigdata, #Hive, #sqoop, #aws, #apachehadoop, #linux, #spark, #EMR, #awsCLI, #arvo, #flume, #oozie
Your Future Employer:
A leading analytics company spread across 14 global locations including the United States, UK, and India.
- You would be responsible for evaluating, developing, maintaining, and testing big data solutions for advanced analytics projects
- The role would involve big data pre-processing & reporting workflows including collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into business insights
- The role would also involve testing various machine learning models on Big Data, and deploying learned models for ongoing scoring and prediction. An appreciation of the mechanics of complex machine learning algorithms would be a strong advantage.
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or related technical degree
- 3 to 8 years of demonstrable experience designing technological solutions to complex data problems, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient, and scalable code to implement those solutions.
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one of Java, C++ or Python (preferred). Scala knowledge is a strong advantage.
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Hadoop 2.0 (YARN; MR & HDFS) and associated technologies - one or more of Hive, Sqoop, Avro, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Apache Spark and its components (Streaming, SQL, MLLib) is a strong advantage.
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, especially EMR, EC2, S3, SWF services and the AWS CLI)
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of command-line tools including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for automating common tasks
- Ability to work in a team in an agile setting, familiarity with JIRA, and clear understanding of how Git works
If you think this role is aligned with your career, kindly write me an email along with your updated CV on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on the role.