Instructional designers are an integral part of the coding curriculum development team at Whitehat Jr. They play an important role in ensuring the quality of all the lesson assets that get created by the development team. It also includes identifying the performance, skills, knowledge, information and attitude gaps of a targeted audience and creating, selecting and/or suggesting learning experiences to fill this gap.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Review training content and assessments. The review parameters include (but are not limited to) the following:
○ Rewrite the training content wherever necessary to simplify it or to make it more age
○ Create engaging learning activities and provide exercises and activities that enhance
the learning process.
○ Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness
○ Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional
○ Suggest instructional enhancements to the content and assessments so the learning
experience is superior.
○ Check if all the training assets follow the instructional guidelines.
○ Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs
○ Do a thorough language review.
○ Do a thorough formatting check and fixes.
● Brainstorm with the content developer to storyboard the concepts introduced in a lesson/chapter.
● Create guidelines and templates as and when needed.
● Conduct audits of the live classes to check how the content is getting translated into the actual class experience.
● Give inputs for process improvements.
● In-depth understanding of activity based teaching-learning methods with a strong knowledge of pedagogies to teach 21st Century Skills.
● At least 3-4 years of experience in team management and total of 11-15 years of experience instructional design and/or content writing.
● Experience in editing documents with an eye for details.
● Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
● Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
○ Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
- Understanding of Object-Oriented concepts.
- Basic understanding of core programming concepts with teaching skills will be an asset.
- Good exposure on-
- Block-Based Coding environment like Code.org or Scratch will be a plus
- Knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, Airtable, Firebase etc.) will be an added advantage
Competencies and Attitude:
● Go-Getter, Multi-Dimensional, "Growth Hacker" Skill Set with a strong sense of ownership for work.
● Innovative Mindset: Creative, takes informed risks and constantly refine based on feedback.
● Always-on learner: constantly curious, embracing and picking up new skills really fast.
● A team player: Can communicate and collaborate effectively with others, and buck up to face any challenges. "All for one and one for all!".
● Aggressive: “Take no prisoners” approach. The company leadership is extremely driven and aggressive, and the instructional designer should have the same all-consuming drive.