1. Development of ZnMnO2 rechargeable technology along with the UEP team, for improvement in performance.
2. Design & Development of complete range of batteries (alkaline rechargeable storage batteries)
3. To be responsible for testing of batteries as well as systems
4. To develop electronics based on market needs
5. Institutionalize companywide initiatives like Risk Management, Kaizen, Business Excellence etc.
1. Leading the research and development of rechargeable alkaline battery including research planning, conducting and analyzing of the experiments.
2. Excellent skills of designing (electrochemical design of battery), analyzing data and solving problem.
3. Developing state-of-the-art electrode composition for rechargeable alkaline battery.
4. Coordinate electrochemical testing of battery materials between Godrej-UEP India and UEP USA.
5. Electrochemical studies (CV, Impedance, battery test) and structural characterizations of materials.
6. Development of New Material Specifications for all raw materials with inputs from various internal & external sources.
7. Perform cross functional role between business development group, R&D team and third party vendors.
8. New product design/development (from Proto sample preparation to Mass production) for all OEM & Aftermarket as per customer requirements.
9. Technology transfer and implementation for new products
10. Ability to develop completely new/ to upgrade present technology
11. Responsible for product/process changes through approval of Engineering Change Notes.
12. Providing technical & product support to marketing team & guidance to service team for onsite problems.
13. Developing & finalizing of in-house production parameters for all critical processes like Coating, Pasting, Assembly, Charging (both single & two shot) & Battery testing.
14. Benchmarking (Comparative study through physical, electrical & alloy composition) of competitor products related to Inverter range.
15. Identify failure mechanisms through post-mortem analysis of cells/battery.
Essential Masters in Science
Preferred Masters in Electrochemistry/Chemistry and Doctorate in Electrochemistry (PhD) / Doctorate in Chemistry (PhD)
Essential Minimum 15 years of experience in Alkaline battery research and experience in industry.
Location : Mumbai