Legal Associate – Financial Services (2-5 yrs.)
Job opportunity in Mumbai for a legal professional holding atleast 2 years of work experience in Securities Services Legal Practice to advise and support Securities Services business in multiple markets across Asia Pacific (APAC), and Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA).
Your Future Employer: A leading global financial services firm.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of Securities Services contracts (e.g., global & direct custody agreements, fund services agreements, sub custodian agreements, securities lending agreements, and collateral management services agreements etc.) with clients of the firm, interacting with various internal business and control function stakeholders across geographies;
- Supporting global and regional Securities Services initiatives and projects, such as developing template agreements, remediating legacy contracts, designing and implementing know-how and best practices, etc.;
- Working on matters relevant to Securities Services’ market infrastructure and sub custodian network management such as (i) reviewing and revising existing sub custodian documentation to be consistent with firm, regulatory and industry standards, (ii) reviewing local market rules/opinions, and (iii) advising on sub custodian agreements; and
- Assisting with client due diligence questionnaires, marketing material, responses to clients’ Request-For-Proposals and various other ad hoc requests typical to supporting a dynamic and constantly growing business.
- Qualified as a lawyer in India or other common law jurisdiction with at least 2 and up to 5 years of post-qualification legal experience (either as in-house counsel in the financial services industry or as a lawyer in a top-tier law firm);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, together with the ability to communicate and articulate legal issues effectively with colleagues at all levels and across different jurisdictions;
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritise and proactively manage workflow in a multi-jurisdictional transaction environment;
- Ability to work collaboratively and build close rapport with internal stakeholders across Sales, Product, Client Service, Operation, Risk and Compliance functions across jurisdictions;
- Ability to timely and appropriately identify risks and escalate issues to relevant stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt and apply legal skills in new contexts, to new businesses and subjects in which one may not have prior relevant experience, and willingness to develop and excel beyond his/ her comfort zone; and
- Ability to manage and control legal risks in a constructive manner
WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU?
- Work in a fast-paced start up environment
- Learn various new skills outside of your domains
REACH US: If you think this role is aligned with your career, kindly write me an email along with your updated CV on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on the role.
DISCLAIMER:We are an equal opportunity recruitment firm and value diversity in the talent we identify for our clients. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.