Manager –ESG, Climate Risk & Sustainability – BFSI (6+ years)
Job opportunity for a working professional having experience in ESG, Sustainability and Climate risk working on sustainability aspects for financial institutions- Banks, NBFCs, Investment Managers (PEs, VCs, AMCs), insurance companies, etc. Candidates with a background in consulting would be preferred.
- The candidate should well verse with the ESG, Sustainability and Climate risk with demonstrated experience of working with financial institutions clients.
- Strong understanding of ESG principles, climate risks, global reporting standards and key issues impacting sustainable finance, investment decision-making process and ESG governance frameworks.
- Experience of working closely with financial institutions on multifaced elements of strategy including. Exposure to research on the following areas are desired:
- ESG integration in investment/lending decisions.
- Climate-related risk and opportunity assessment.
- Climate-related scenario analysis as per TCFD recommendations
- Stress testing for financial institutions.
- De-carbonization pathway covering financed emissions and roadmap development.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas- Principles of Responsible Investment (PRI), Principles of Responsible Banking (PRB), Net-zero asset manager alliance (NZAM), Principles of Sustainable Insurance (PSI) etc.
- Ability to create detailed reports across multiple sectors on ESG indicators and linking the same to operating and financial metrics.
- Engage with regulators and partners for creating value and alignment with strategic goals.
- Ability to deliver high impact presentations to clients and internal committees
- Participation in seminars/conferences and writing articles etc. to showcase thought leadership
- Established senior level relationships and ability to leverage business relationships.
- Focus on retaining clients for future through building relationship and assuring quality & timely delivery of assignments.
- Make exceptional proposals with a strong ability to interpret client needs.
- Around 7-9 years of experience in Sustainability domain with financial institutions. Experience in climate risk assessment would be preferred.
- Post-graduate degree
- Proven ability to engage and manage senior level client relationships
- Experience in both soliciting business as well as leading the execution of assignments
- Experience in managing people/teams
- Ability to think out of the box and come out with innovative solutions/ideas
- Ability to structure and write high-quality reports
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with peers and reportees within tight deadlines
- Collaboration with other internal teams focused on ESG and sustainability
What is in it for you?
An opportunity to work with global clientele in a fast-paced environment with a growth oriented & enthusiastic team.
If you think that this role will add value to your career, kindly write me an email along with your updated CV on Nishant.email@example.com
Disclaimer: Crescendo Global is an ISO 9001:2015 certified Leadership Hiring consulting arm of Crescendo Group with expertise in mid to senior level niche recruitment. We are passionate about empowering job seekers and employers with an engaging memorable job search and leadership hiring experience. Crescendo Global does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Climate Change, Sustainability, Climate Risk Assessment, ESG