Software Development Manager-10 Years+ – Chennai/Bangalore
• Be responsible for engineering road map, architecture and scalability/quality of products
• Effectively collaborate with Product managers, Business teams to develop long-term product roadmap and own release planning - in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
• Perform well in ambiguous situations. We are a startup with a significant product suite.
• Mentor and guide a team of engineers across various levels and areas of expertise. Help engineers make good architectural decisions, improve code quality and delivery.
• Be responsible for tech solutioning, architecture being deployed maintaining right balance b/w short term and long term outcomes – speed vs quality.
• Establish strong engineering best practices and champion their adoption.
• Define career trajectory for your team and share feedback regularly to help them grow.
• 8+ years of experience in end to end cloud software development with exposure in building
scalable, fault tolerant and secure large scale distributed systems. At least 1-2 years managing
• Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering (preferably computer science or sister branches) from
a reputed institute (preferably IITs, NITs, or other top engineering institutes).
• Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms and excellent problem-solving abilities.
• An agile champion – with a lot of experience being part of agile teams. Can manage & lead various
scrum teams to meet business requirements by adhering to agile principles.
• Prior experience should be from good product development or e-commerce background.
• Skill set
o Deep expertise in Java & tech stack (Springboot) & micro service based architecture writing
maintainable, scalable, unit-tested code. This position requires a good mix of hands-on and
o Hands-on experience in low-level and high-level design with the ability to propose and
validate system design.
o You are comfortable jamming on code refactoring, architecture and design principles.
o Sound understanding of web technologies (JS, HTML5 CSS), databases - SQL & NoSQL (e.g.
Cassandra), distributed caches (e.g. Redis), message queues (e.g. Kafka).
o Knowledge of UI architectural patterns like MVVM, MVC, MVP etc is useful.
o Exposure to android app development is a good plus.
o You have working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure tools such as Docker,
Kubernetes, Gradle, GIT, Jenkins, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana or equivalents.
o You are an open source enthusiast with the curiosity to stay abreast of latest tech.
o Must be comfortable working in fast paced agile environments. Ability to plan, prioritise,
estimate and execute releases with strong degree of predictability.
o Excellent people & communication skills.
o Experience with AWS stack is preferred.
o Experience with a high-growth startup is a plus.
What’s in for You?
- A competitive salary
- Employee friendly policies
- Health care and insurance for you and your dependents
- Healthy Work life balance
- A great working environment
- Flexible benefits packages to suit your needs and lifestyle
If you think this role will add value to your career, kindly write me an email along with your updated CV on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 9915113515 for a confidential discussion on the role