Assistant Manager- Catastrophe Modeling (5+ Years)- Mumbai
We are looking for experienced post graduate/MBA who has 5+ Years of experience in Catastrophe Modelling and has also used the tools like RMS, AIR Touchstone and Risk Link.
Your Employer: The organization is ranked as the 4th largest insurance broking company, Headcount close to 6000 and growing, with a strong global business presence in insurance, risk management and consulting services with over 35,000 employees globally.
- The ability to lead modeling efforts for top clients and finding innovative and bespoke solutions to complex problems is a key expectation at this level.
- The candidate is expected to use very advanced Catastrophe Modeling expertise in order to tackle any kind of challenge and guide other team members as and when needed.
- The right candidate should be skilled at training junior analysts and reviewing their work.
Model input preparation - Includes data preparation as well as data scrubbing using SQL/Excel. Analyzing the exposures - Includes geocoding the exposures, implementing modeling assumptions accurately in the modeling process, ensuring correct model and peril settings, etc. in order to quantify insurers' catastrophe loss potential.
- Generating reports - Includes using internal tools like iFM, WorkFlowManager for creating exposure as well as loss summary reports, visualizing various statistics by creating maps using SpatiaKey, ArcGIS, etc.
- Running proprietary models - Running customized peril analysis using proprietary models.
- Model Sensitivity Analysis - Testing the change in model output with change in input parameters. Validating losses - conducting loss feasibility studies to validate modeled losses. Model change management - stay updated with changes in models and conduct studies to estimate the impact on modeled client losses.
- Leading RFPs - Utilize the extensive modeling experience in leading RFPs where prospects usually do not share any data.
• Optimizing reinsurance - Model different reinsurance structures to identify the optimum structure in order to maximize client profitability.
• Mentoring - Mentor specific junior analysts in the team dedicatedly in order to minimize their learning curve.
• Training - Participate in training programs in order to train new recruits.
• Knowledge share - Conduct regular knowledge share sessions within and/or outside the team
• Leading eVENT Response - help coordinate the live eVENT response, generating reports and managing client interactions on timely basis
• The incumbent will be expected to co-ordinate and communicate with the onshore lead analyst as and when needed in order to
• discuss the progress made as well as any items of significance
• seek feedback and suggestions
• The incumbent is also expected to co-ordinate and communicate effectively between multiple offices and stakeholders on a regular basis in order to
a. discuss project plan and resource allocation
b. discuss the progress made as well as any items of significance
c. seek feedback and suggestions
d. share insights into modelled losses and reports e. act as the main coordinator between multiple stakeholders
Graduate/Post-Graduate in any Quantitative Discipline, preferably, but not limited to, Mathematics/Statistics/Economics, Engineering, etc
Reach us- If you think this role is aligned with your career, kindly write me an email along with your updated CV on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on the role.
Disclaimer- Crescendo Global is specializes in Senior to C-level niche recruitment. We are passionate about empowering job seekers and employers with an engaging memorable job search and leadership hiring experience. Crescendo Global does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Note- We receive a lot of applications on a daily basis so it becomes a bit difficult for us to get back to each candidate. Please assume that your profile has not been shortlisted in case you don't hear back from us in 1 week. Your patience is highly appreciated.
Profile keywords- Crescendo Global, Crescendo, Catastrophe Modelling, CAT Modelling, RMS, AIR Touchstone, Risklink.